Compliance for contact center
Never in history has there been such strict legislation pertaining to the control of call centre operation. Organizations are in a position now where they do not have any choice but to record all of their communications in order to conform.
Here two certifications that have significant impacts for call centers:
The PCI Security Standard Council is a world-wide and open forum, intended for the continuous development, improvement, storage and broadcast of the norms of security relating to the protection of account data. It defined a guide of 12 regulations that help companies that accept credit cards to protect their data and against fraud.
It applies to all companies who accept credit cards (merchants). The principal impacts of the PCI DSS norms on call centers who deal with credit cards are :
- Conservation of data according to a length of time and the security management of this data
- Account numbers that can be stored but limited access
- With regards to the Card Validation Number of the Cards (CVN), more stringent security is required.
- The CVN (3 or 4 figures), the NIP and the passwords cannot be conserved and must be destroyed in a secure way after a credit card authorization
ISO27000 family of standards comprises information security standards published jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
- ISO27001 : mandates specific requirements for Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- ISO27002 : provides 133 best practices recommendations on information security management.
Information security : the preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
More information on ISO 27000 can be found here http://www.27000.org/
recording solutions that meets the standards
To ensure that your call center is complying with best practices in every aspect of your business, the NovoLog recording solution will provide you with the tools you need to comply with government legislation, and to overcome multiple risk and liability management challenges. In conjunction with the NovoScreen and NovoCoach quality monitoring solutions, compliance within your contact center will not only be achieved, but it will also profit your organization by :
- delivering exceptional customer care standards;
- promoting agent and service professionalism;
- maintaining brand loyalty;
- reducing the needs in time and agent resources.